Vegan spaghetti bolognese – family food – seitan ragu

Vegan spaghetti bolognese – family food with seitan ragu, this dish is one of my all time favorites, it has always been present in my life through the years and it never goes out of fashion: Here I show you my version of this all-time bolognese family pasta meal!

Enjoy!
🙂
CJ

Rich and awesome vegan spaghetti bolognese – seitan ragu ingredients:

1 TBSP olive oil

1 nob of vegan butter

1/2 cup mirepoix

3 cloves of garlic

1 cup of shredded seitan

1 tin of San Marzano peeled tomatoes

1 TBSP oregano

1/3 cup of unsweetened soy milk

1 Tsp salt

1/3 Tsp nutmeg

black pepper to taste

vegan parmesan to taste

2 TBSP parsley

cooked grano duro spaghetti

Check out the blog for more videos, recipes, and stories about Vegan spaghetti bolognese – family food – seitan ragu here: http://www.chefjanapinheiro.com

Follow me on Instagram:
@chefjana

Chef Jana Pinheiro

____________________________________________________________________

Vegan spaghetti bolognese – family food – seitan ragu recipe by Chef Jana Pinheiro http://www.chefjanapinheiro.com

Comments

Alexandria Smith says:

You are lovely and your recipes are yummy

PAULA mcDonalld says:

I dont like yr accent sorry. Its from East for sure. But love yr recipes and that u r vegan

PAULA mcDonalld says:

R u 🇷🇴?

Bee Bop says:

oh my goodness you are such a good teacher, and my mouth waters with each meal you make.. I need to be your granma and you come cook with me (more like for me) hahaha

Julia says:

I have never tasted a storebought tomato that tasted as good and with the amount of flavour of a homegrown tomato, I would chose that every time if I could.

Cindy Strother says:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PUTTING YOUR YUMMY DELICIOUS RECIPE AND DIRECTIONS UNDERNEATH SO WE CAN HAVE THEM FOR LATER

Loretta Miller says:

Just discovered you Jana. You are beautiful and I love listening to your voice and of course falling in love with your recipes. I no longer eat meat and you have the best recipes to make it easier to not eat meat while still enjoying our old favorites
!! xx Love from Canada.

Ginger w says:

I love you, Sweetie💟🤗🌸

spinning debbie says:

Not meaning to be a moaning minnie, but with butter its a vegetarian bolognese

Bootleg Movies says:

I have saved so many of your videos. thank you. You have opened a whole new world of eating for me, as I grow older I have no desire for meat. Thank You for fresh New Ideas

Zillah MacRae says:

When I asked where I could get the recipe, I meant the written recipe. Is there something I can click on, on the same page as the video?

Zillah MacRae says:

Where are these fabulous recipes??

Princess 319 says:

"50 shades of I can't stop eating"….lol!
I want to try this recipe, but I would use unsweetened original Almond milk. To me, this is the closest to milk, and it cooks beautifully. Soy has a distinct taste, whereas the almond milk doesn't. I started drinking Almond milk last year, but I wish I had found it years ago because I never liked soy milk and for some reason I never tried Almond. I guess better late than never? Lol.
Also, I love how you like to tell us many stories and give us a lot of information. 😄

AB's Kitchen Recipes & Vlogs says:

I love this recipe

Chris Sato says:

Im getting more and more into this vegan meat thing, its like chemistry.

Andrea Gutierrez says:

I love pasta and thank you so much for teaching us how to make this sauce! 🙂

vilko skorlich says:

spaghetti bolognaise got a little lost in translation.

The meaty slop that for many of us was our first experience of "spag bol" is so far removed from the original that ordering spaghetti bolognese in Bologna will earn you nothing but blank stares from your waiter. Tagliatelle al ragu, as it's correctly known, is a pasta dish with a meat sauce, but that's where the resemblance ends.
Bologna is the capital of the Emilia-Romagna region, in northern Italy. It's so well known for its food that it's referred to colloquially as La Grassa, which means "the fat one". Its pasta, in particular, is considered the finest in the country. It's the birthplace of tagliatelle, taglioni, tortellini, tortelli, lasagne and cappelletti – but not spaghetti, which is never used in Bologna's best-known dish.
As for the ragu, the most important ingredient is time. The sauce, made always with mince beef (from a fattier cut such as chuck), onion, celery, carrots, tomatoes and white wine, and sometimes with pork or chicken livers, should be left to simmer, uncovered, for at least three or four hours. Longer is better.
In the case of tagliatelle al ragu, the only appropriate garnish is freshly grated parmesan – another specialty of the region.
Vegan spaghetti Bolognese (GN=NY)don't exist in ITALY.Period!!

Juice says:

Netflix helped me go vegan😁👍Fantastic recipe video, Friend. It's always a pleasure connecting with a fellow YouTuber on social media.

Cooking With Rila says: