Buffalo Cauliflower Sandwich from Hot for Food (Lauren Toyota) new recipe book called Vegan Comfort Classics. Absolutely delicious recipe and you will love it! If you liked the buffalo cauliflower wings, this is very similar. Try it out and let us know what you think. Recipe below!
Buffalo Cauliflower Sandwich Recipe:
Classic Ranch: (I cut this recipe in half – 1/2 cup mayo instead)
Stir all ingredients in a bowl (good for 10 days in the fridge)
• 1 cup vegan mayo
• 1 tbsp chopped dill
• 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
• 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
• 1 tsp onion powder
• ¼ tsp sea salt
• ¼ tsp ground pepper
Breaded Buffalo Cauliflower
• 2 heads cauliflower
• 1 ½ cups flour
• 4 tsp garlic powder
• 4 tsp onion powder
• 2 tsp ground cumin
• 2 tsp paprika
• ½ tsp sea salt
• ½ tsp ground pepper
• ¾ cup unsweetened nondairy milk
• ¾ cup water
• 3 cups panko style bread crumbs
• ¼ vegan butter (optional – we omitted)
• 1 ½ cups buffalo style hot sauce
• 4 kaiser style rolls (we used hamburger buns)
• Classic ranch
• Red onion
• Dill pickle
1. Preheat oven 450 degrees F.
2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper
3. Slice cauliflower from the top into slices ¾ to 1 inch thick (you should be able to get 2-3 slices per cauliflower head).
4. Mix flour, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, nondairy milk, and water in a bowl. You may need to add more water or more flour to get the right consistency.
5. Place each cauliflower slice into the batter, followed by the panko bread crumbs.
6. Place on baking sheet and place in oven for 25 minutes (flipping half way through).
7. Option to melt butter and whisk with buffalo hot sauce.
8. Remove cauliflower from oven and coat the cauliflower in the hot sauce. Place back in oven for additional 25 minutes (flipping halfway through again).
9. Assemble those sandwiches!
Keeping it kind,
▼ BOOKS WE RECOMMEND ▼
● How Not to Die by Dr Greger http://amzn.to/2DF585b
● The Starch Solution by Dr J. McDougall http://amzn.to/2DUKUrq
● Hot for Food Cookbook http://amzn.to/2D0nPz3
*amazon links are affiliate links.
❤ WEBSITE: https://simplyplantfood.com/
❤ INSTAGRAM: https://instagram.com/simplyplantfood/
❤ FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/simplyplantfood/
❤ PINTEREST: https://www.pinterest.com/simplyplantfood/