GET THE RECIPE: http://bit.ly/VeganOmeletteRecipe
Inspired by Cooking Shooking: https://tinyurl.com/y9wo4wyh
5 minute prep & 5 mins cooking. Really simple and tasty. You might say, they’re Om-azing!
INGREDIENTS (FOR 4 -5 SERVINGS)
-75g (1 cup) Plain flour
-75g (1 cup) Gram flour (aka Chickpea, Garbanzo or Besan flour)
-1 tsp Baking powder
-0.5 tsp Salt
-0.5 tsp Black salt (aka Kala Namak)
-400g (400ml) Non-dairy milk (soya milk is best)
-OPTIONAL (but reccommended): Some finely chopped veggies to add to the batter (e.g. onions, mushrooms, peppers etc)
-HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to use a non-stick pan
-The plain flour can be replaced with other flours such as wholemeal or gluten free.
-The black salt can be replaced with regular salt
-Feel free to add in other flavourings such as herbs or garlic powder
-Why not multiply the dry mixture and keep a jar of it in the cupboard so it’s ready to go when you’re in a bit of an omelette mood.
1. If using a blender, just blend all of the ingredients together. If using a bowl or big jar, mix together all ingredients except the non-dairy milk.
2. Add the non-dairy milk and whisk/shake until you have a smooth batter. You’ll definitely be able to smell the black salt now but it will cook out. Don’t worry.
3. Pour around 100g/1 cup (for a 28cm pan) into a mug or container. Add some finely chopped veggies and mix.
4. Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan over a med-high heat. As soon as the oil starts to smoke, remove the pan from the heat and pour the batter around the pan, quickly spreading it out into a circle, trying to get the veggies evenly spread.
5. Heat over med-high heat for around 3 minutes or until the batter is dry on top. Don’t touch the omelette while it’s cooking as it may break apart.
6. Take the pan off the heat. Use a flexible spatula to carefully free the omelette from the pan and then flip it over. Fry for another 2-3 mins until the bottom is slightly browned.
7. Transfer to a plate. I like to cover half the omelette with some non-dairy cheese, wilted spinach and tomatoes. Fold the omelette in half. Bit o’ toast and sauce. LOVELY!