New Zealand Food tour | BEST NEW ZEALAND FOOD | GIANT BLUFF oysters | ICONIC Kiwi foods

We’re home in New Zealand and are so excited to bring you this 4 part series on the best food in our homeland. This is our third New Zealand video and it’s based in Bluff and Invercargill in the South Island of New Zealand. We start our food tour at Fowler’s Oysters in Bluff. Bluff is famous for its oysters and Fowler’s are a third generation family fishery. We tuck into two dozen freshly shucked Bluff oysters and also sample their deep fried Bluffies.

We continue our New Zealand food tour in Invercargill, New Zealand’s southern most city. We eat some real Kiwi classics- Southland cheese rolls and titi or muttonbird- a famous meat down in these parts. We finish off with a lamb, kumara and mint pie from Fat Bastard Pies- a popular local bakery. Huge thanks to His Worship Sir Tim Shadbolt for being such a good sport and making a cameo in our video!
#newzealandfood #food #nzfood

What we ate and where we ate it:

1. Bluff oysters from Fowler’s Oysters, 99 Ocean Beach Rd, Bluff 9814, New Zealand. Open during the Bluff oyster season Monday to Friday 10:00am to 6:00pm, Saturday and Sunday 11:00am to 6:00pm.

2. Cheese rolls and Eggs Shadbolt at Zookeepers Cafe, 50 Tay St, Invercargill, 9810, New Zealand. Open Monday 7:00am to 8:00pm, Tuesday to Saturday 7:00am to 10:00pm and Sunday 7:00am to 5:00pm.

3. Lamb, kumara and mint pie from Fat Bastard Pies, 158 Tay St, Invercargill, 9810, New Zealand. Open 6:30am to 4:00pm Monday to Friday.

***********************************************************************

Subscribe for more food videos: https://goo.gl/9rfeRS

Support our channel via PayPal: https://tinyurl.com/y42ymyqp

Become a YouTube channel member: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOMxE9nQ50SOIZs_TcKek4A/join

Support our channel via Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/chasingaplate

If you like this video, please give it a thumbs up, share it and subscribe to our channel. Thanks so much for your support.

Want more food and travel videos? Check out our food videos from South Korea: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLg-t2nQXCum5SUV0r1_yT9Pn1Y7EyzjqF

***********************************************************************

We’re Thomas and Sheena, food and travel fiends. We travel full time, hunting for the BEST local food in the world to showcase via our YouTube videos. Food is a window into a country’s culture and one of the most exciting ways to get to know a place.

We’re all about eating what and where the locals eat. You won’t find food that’s been created merely to be social media worthy on here- no rainbow bagels, gold leaf soft serves- just genuine, authentic food that tastes incredible.

From street food to mom and pop restaurants, we want to show you the best and most authentic food we find on our travels.

#streetfood #beststreetfood #food #chasingaplate

***********************************************************************

OUR BLOG: WWW.CHASINGAPLATE.COM

INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK, PINTEREST
@chasingaplate
#chasingaplate

***********************************************************************

Comments

Sandlapper RVers says:

If I went to NZ I’d definitely get the Bluff oysters!! Life is short. Enjoy!! 👍👍👍😎

J-Roc D says:

That description of the texture as stewed apple…I made a pleasurable sound that wound be vulgar in public lol

Thorfinn986_doesn't_do_average says:

Can't beat a Kiwi pie,we make the absolute best,and our Lamb is the Ducks nuts,best in the world.

Thorfinn986_doesn't_do_average says:

They must have been some dang funky Mutton birds of they thought they tasted like Mutton,it's the saltiest bird i've ever had,Mutton isn't salty,unless you open up the salt shaker.

Thorfinn986_doesn't_do_average says:

My dad used to make cheese rolls for us when were growing up in Rotorua,he would add some prawns and a little bit of Pineapple,if we asked for it,mind you,he was from Gore.

JOYCE Downs says:

Just go pick your own

susan dibble says:

64 dollars for oysters and they ran out of lemon! 😂🙈

Anti War says:

New zalanders can't afford their own food because foreigners will pay millions for it so off overseas it goes.
Oysters, Paua( abalone) lobster all exported 😥😥😥😭

Aceof2Hearts says:

Guys I have had same sized giant oysters from Sydney's market and Washington State that I harvested myself. These Bluff oysters are the best because they are so soft, flavourful and not rubbery. Really the best!

Danielle Hodson says:

I'm so jealous right now…yum, yum! 🙂

Jarome VanWells says:

Years ago whilst visiting Christchurch. I ordered two plates of oysters. The only time I've ever had two meals at a restaurant. New Zealanders never knew how fab their food was.For them It's quite normal indeed

Darwinsmom says:

I just stumbled on your channel as I was trying to soothe my soul; I have been missing everything about New Zealand really badly recently. The first tantalizing view of that incredibly plump, juicy oyster right at the beginning made my mouth water! That was my greatest regret when I was in New Zealand five years ago – I never got the chance to indulge myself in those amazing oysters.Watching you both lose yourselves in the experience made me incredibly jealous! You two have turned me on to so many dishes I missed out on while I was there. My ultimate favourite food discovery in New Zealand is FEIJOAS! I could live on that fruit! Great video. Now I have got to get back!

Michael Jones says:

Loved the video editing and close ups of the food

A. Spencer Maxim says:

Travelled to New York city and dined at Domingo's (Three Tenors) restaurant only to sit down and open the menu to see NZ bluff oysters and NZ rack of lamb! I had to laugh at the exorbatant prices New Yorkers are willing to pay for what Kiwis often take for granted. I chose spanish cuisine from the menu and left $250.00 poorer at the end of the evening. My American friend chose the NZ options and left $380.00 poorer. That was back in 2003.

jellybee68 says:

my dad loved muttonbird and every time he had one…she would kick him outside to cook it. IT STUNK!!! pheeewwww. I will never forget that smell, but to eat….oh yummy yummy yummmy. I now live in Australia but I think they have a big flock that nest here, but wouldnt have a clue how to get one or cook it for that matter….I know it boiled for a long long LONG time and I think you had to change the water a few times. I should of taken notice…now I want some mutton bird.

G L says:

Muttonbird and kamokamo is my favourite.

NZ FALCON says:

YOU HAVE NOT HAD AN OYSTER TILL YOU HAVE HAD A BLUFF OYSTER , SHE IS NOT JOKING THEY ARE TO DIE FOR

Kaela Hunia says:

Finally a channel about New Zealand food sooooo underated

churbro 81 chur says:

Wow what a awesome channel 👏👏 I'm definitely subscribing Kia ora

Hanim Syed Ali says:

always loved your video since that all around malaysia food tour, glad to know that you guys are kiwis bcs i just got back from new zealand and its unreal 🥰