These vegetable curry puffs are crispy and flaky on the outside, juicy and super flavorful on the inside. This recipe is super easy to make and perfect for lazy lunch or dinner.
Printable recipe: https://www.thecookingfoodie.com/recipe/Easy-Vegetable-Curry-Puffs-Recipe
More Easy Dinner/Lunch Recipes:
Easy Chicken Curry: http://bit.ly/QuickChickenCurry
Cauliflower Rice: http://bit.ly/CauliflowerRiceTCF
Cheesy Eggplant Roll-Ups: http://bit.ly/EggplantRollatiniTCF
Baked Zucchini Fries: http://bit.ly/BakedZucchiniFries
Salmon with Lemon Butter Sauce: http://bit.ly/LemonButterSalmon
Makes 12 puffs
2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
1 large Onion
3 cloves Garlic
1 tablespoon Grated ginger
2 medium Carrots
2 medium Potatoes
1 celery stalk, chopped
1 cup (150g) frozen peas
2 Green onions, chopped
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
3-4 tablespoons Olive oil
1 teaspoon Curry powder
1 teaspoon Garam masala
1/4 teaspoon Turmeric
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1 teaspoon thyme
1/3 (80ml) cup water/vegetable stock
1. In a large pan heat olive oil. Add chopped onion and sauté for 5-6 minutes, until golden, over medium heat. Add crushed garlic, grated ginger and chopped celery. Sauté for 2 minutes more. Add spices, cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes. Add diced carrots, frozen peas and cook until carrots are tender. Add diced boiled potatoes, season with salt and pepper, add water/stock, cook for 3-4 minutes. turn the heat off, add chopped green onions and parsley, stir and set aside to cool.
2. Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
3. On a clean and lightly floured surface roll out the puff pastry, cut the sheets into 5-inch (12.5cm) squares. Scoop 1-2 tablespoons of the filling in the center of the square. Fold it over to make a triangle and press the edges to seal completely. Use a fork to make a crimping pattern on the edges.
4. Arrange the puffs on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Brush with egg wash.
5. Bake for 25-30, until golden brown. Let cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
• If you want to make this recipe vegan, replace the puff pastry to a vegan puff pastry and the egg wash for olive oil.
• take your puff pastry out of the freezer and defrost for about 35-40 minutes in room temperature before using, or 3-4 hours in the fridge.
If you like my videos, please subscribe to my channel for new cooking videos: