The BEST Vegan Gluten Free White Bean Burgers

I’m constantly testing veggie burger recipes. Over the years, I’ve come up with some pretty great recipes, but it wasn’t until I happened upon a secret ingredient that I felt like I finally found it:

The BEST veggie burger. This is it, people. In my humble opinion, of course 🙂

And the secret ingredient? Find out below.

Here is what you need:

2 tbsp EVOO
1/2 red pepper, chopped small dice
1 large carrot, peeled and chopped small dice
1 medium onion, chopped small dice
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup walnuts
2 cans cannellini (white) beans, drained and rinsed
1/8 tsp chili powder
1/8 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp Celtic sea salt

Preheat oven to 350F.

1. Heat up EVOO over medium low heat. Add onions, red pepper and carrots and saute until translucent and soft, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic, toss, and saute another minute. Remove from the heat and set aside.

2. Place walnuts in a food process and pulse until they turn to crumbs. Add the beans, spices, and sauteed veggie mixture. Pulse until mostly smooth (it’s ok if there are still a few chunks of beans or veggies in there).

3. Pour mixture into a bowl. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Scoop your burgers onto the baking sheet using a 1/2 measurement cup to help you. Flatten burgers to about 3/4 inch think and in rounds. You should easily get 6 burgers, plus a 7th smaller one.

4. Bake burgers for 20 minutes, then rotate the pan and bake another 10-20 minutes. Serve as you would any other burger!

Enjoy!

Looking for more inspiration?

Find me on…

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/laurenlobley/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/delectableyou
Twitter: https://twitter.com/DelectableYou

And of course, at www.delectableyou.com

Comments

philautiaEtdiligo Alii says:

AIN’T NOTHING LIKE THE FEELING WHEN YOU GOT ALL INGREDIENTS BUT TWO!!! Ugh I’m gonna use use yt for cooking. I’m beyond annoyed with the adds on line. It’s like I’m playing a game before I read the ingredients lol 😂 THANK YOU!!

Laura C says:

Looks like confetti

Laura C says:

Looks like confetti

Sumaia Saif says:

Just tried it! Super yummy! Thank you for sharing dear ❤️

Nery Pereira says:

I just made it today, very good. Thank you.

onefoot7 says:

I like it, it's not the best, but it's a good one…..all good ingredients, except you need no salt at all………I do several of Dr. Fuhrmans burgers (Nutritarian)…it's great you've used no oil…wait. you used oil(heating oil causes acrylamides-cancer links!)….don't need oil, saute' in water…much better…………….see the link for Supreme burger (I add walnuts, and shitake shrooms!!!)……Ingredients:3/4 cup old-fashioned oats2 tablespoons sesame seeds1 1/2 cups cooked black beans or 1 (15 ounce) can low sodium or no-salt-added black beans, drained1 small onion or 3 shallots, finely chopped3 cloves garlic, finely chopped1 cup Dr. Fuhrman's Supreme Greens G-BOMBS Soup1 tablespoon chili powder1 tablespoon cuminAgain, I add other ingredient, and put hemp and flax seeds in mine when I eat it…..don't need salt……salt is very drastic to your system, long term, simply don't need it…after a year, you'll say, wow, you're right…….can also use Adzuki beans…….

Chris L says:

I'm a Vegan and am deathly allergic to tree nuts. I wonder if a cup of peanuts would work…maybe with some Thai seasoning?

Ayla Gough says:

Looks delicious! Thumbs up! I do not have red pepper though! Can I do without or will it affect the texture/taste?

Cindy Strother says:

LOVE THAT YOU PUT YOUR YUMMY DELICIOUS RECIPE AND DIRECTIONS UNDERNEATH SO WE CAN HAVE THEM FOR LATER THANK YOU SO MUCH

Karyn Y says:

These are fantastic. Best veggie burgers I've tasted!

Charles Blank says:

Hi Lauren – I made these and they were great .I only got 5 and 1 small burger from the receipe. Did I do something wrong? Your video showed 7? How long to do they keep in the fridge?
I thought they would go great with a sauce so I made the coconut aioli. Do you recommend another sauce to make as well?

Lim Gey Leng says:

WOW Yummy! Looks good! Will make some soon! Thank you for sharing this recipe with us!