Vegetarian lasagna is an alternative to the traditional meat filled version and it’s still jam-packed with flavour! My vegetarian lasagna is an alternative to the traditional meat filled version combining vegetables such as mushrooms and zucchini along with a secret ingredient in the sauce! Heighten the excitement of a classic, by adding creamy ricotta to beautiful Italian passata and you’ll dive in for more than just one piece.
#vegetarianlasagna #lasagnavegetarian #vegetablelasagna
📺SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL (IT’S FREEEEEE 😉 http://bit.ly/SubscribeToMyYOUTUBEchannel
📖Share it with your FOODIE friends on FACEBOOK
🌍Get the recipe on my website https://www.vincenzosplate.com/recipe-items/vegetarian-lasagna/
🍝Check out my website for full recipes and to follow my blog: http://vincenzosplate.com/
🔄Kg to cups converter: http://www.convertunits.com/from/kilo+g/to/cup+[US]
VEGETARIAN LASAGNA RECIPE
1 x celery branch (chopped into cubes)
2x oyster mushrooms
1x zucchini (choppend into cubes)
2x capsicum (choppend into cubes)
Half eggplant (choppend into cubes)
Half carrot (chopped into cubes)
1/2 Onion (finely chopped)
1.4lt – 47ounces of Passata (Italian Puree)
300gr – 1.2cups of Ricotta Cheese
300gr – 500gr Fresh Lasagna sheets
Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 x diced fresh mozzarella (fior di latte) if you can’t find it use dry mozzarella or provolone
2 pinches of mixed Italian dried herbs
Half glass of water
Salt & Pepper
Extra virgin olive oil
1. Place the pot on the stove at a medium heat and add 4-5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
2. When the pot is warm add the onion, carrot, celery, zucchini, eggplant and capsicum and stir with a wooden spoon. Cover with the lid and leave to simmer for about 15 minutes but keep stirring every 5 minutes.
3. After 15 minutes add the oyster mushrooms (feel free to use any other mushrooms) and half glass of water.
4. Add 2 pinches of Italian herbs and cook for 15 more minutes. We usually use Marjoram, Thyme and Oregano.
5. Now it’s time to add the passata/fresh tomato puree, the ricotta and salt & pepper.
6. Let this simmer, and add some fresh basil leaves, breaking them into smaller pieces using your hands.
7. Leave this on the stove for at least 30 minutes.
ASSEMBLE THE VEGETARIAN LASAGNA
1. Now cut the fresh Mozzarella (Fior di latte) into slices, and then into small cubes
2. Using a non stick baking tray, line the base with a touch of sauce.
3. Add layers of fresh lasagna sheets, completely covering the base and not leaving any gaps.
4. Line the top of the lasagna pasta sheets with sauce and vegetables, this time using a generous amount and covering each one.
5. Add lots of cubes of fresh mozzarella, covering the sauce and getting into each corner.
6. Grate a generous amount of Parmigiano Reggiano over the top and then begin a new layer.
7. Start by lining up another set of lasagna sheets and repeat each step as above.
8. Finish it off with a set of lasagne sheets then smother it with the left over sauce the fresh mozzarella and grated Parmigiano
9. Cover the vegetarian lasagne tray with alfoil and place it in the oven at 180C – 356F for 15-20 minutes
10. After it has been in the oven for 10 minutes, remove the foil carefully and let it cook for another 5-10 minutes uncovered so it becomes deliciously crispy on top.
TIP! If you are using store bought lasagna pasta sheets, your cooking time may be a little bit longer, approx. 30 minutes in total.
HOW TO SERVE
1. Get a flat white plate and carefully slice the vegetarian lasagna down the middle and divide it into squares. Lift each piece out of the tray using something like a spade and help it slide off with a long knife.
2. Of course if you are crazy about parmesan cheese, you can grate even more on top of your vegetarian lasagna!
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate…Enjoy!
Please Support My YouTube Channel via Patreon! (Help me to create more content)
📖LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/vincenzosplate/
📷FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @vincenzosplate https://www.instagram.com/vincenzosplate/
🌍Join my Small Group Private Italian Tour and discover the secret gems of Italy with me. Check out the itinerary and make sure you book asap (Only 10 spots available) http://www.vincenzosplate.com/italy-unexplored-itinerary/
BIG THANKS goes to Mason Grady for being able to put 3 Vincenzo’s together and for filming and editing this awesome video.
🎬 #VincenzosPlate is a YouTube channel with a focus on cooking, determined to teach the world, one #videorecipe at a time that you don’t need to be a professional #chef to impress friends, family and yourself with mouth-watering #ItalianFoodRecipes right out of your very own #kitchen whilst having a laugh (and a glass of vino!).
#italianrecipes #italianfood #italiancuisine #bestcookingchannels #foodchannel