You can click the link below for a coupon for Manischewitz products, and I’ve also included the recipes I used.
I don’t have an exact recipe for this one. It’s more of a feel it out type dish.
Veggies of your choice (I used broccolini, Italian parsley and frozen kale)
Cheese of your choice (I used vegan cheese and homemade ricotta)
1. Thinly slice potatoes and onions and sauté with fresh garlic. Let the onions get started first and then add the potatoes.
2. Chop additional veggies and add to sauté.
3. While veggies are sautéing, prepare cheese by mixing ricotta with chopped kale or spinach.
4. Assemble lasagna. Start with a layer of sauce on the bottom. Use matzo for your second layer. Add filling and another layer of matzo. For your top layer, use matzo with sauce and cheese on top.
5. Cook covered for 50 minutes at 425. Then uncover and leave in until the top gets nice and gooey.
1.5 cups raw macadamia nuts, soaked in a bowl of water for at least 4 hours
1/8 teaspoon garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Puree all ingredients in a food processor for 1 minute.
2. Scrape down the sides and puree for another minute, until light and fluffy.
MATZO BALL TZIMMES
Matzo balls (prepare these beforehand using Manischewitz Matzo Ball mix. The instructions are on the box!)
Your choice of root veggies (I used beets and carrots)
Fresh mint for garnish, optional
3 cups apple juice
6 oz of dried apricots
1/2 a cinnamon stick
1/3 cup apricot preserves
1. Chop root veggies and apricots.
2. Prepare sauce. Warm apple juice in a pot on the stovetop. Add preserves, cinnamon stick and chopped apricots. Let sauce simmer and thicken.
3. Sauté root vegetables and matzo balls in vegan margarine over medium-low heat.
4. Toss matzo balls and veggies with sauce.
5. Add fresh mint as a garnish!