Summer is upon us, so it’s time to dust off the grill and blow some minds with this INCREDIBLE VEGAN BRISKET recipe using homemade seitan and serving it up Texas-style with some buttery Texas Toast, raw onions, pickles and plenty of sweet & spicy BBQ Sauce! This recipe will certainly turn some heads with the look, smoky smell and amazing flavor of a proper Texas BBQ!
Full recipe below!
BBQ Sauce Recipe ▶︎ https://wickedhealthyfood.com/2020/04/27/wicked-bbq-sauce-recipe/
SUBSCRIBE ▶︎ http://bit.ly/WickedHealthyYouTube
More plant-powered recipes ▶︎ https://wickedhealthyfood.com/
FOLLOW WICKED HEALTHY:
Wicked Instagram ▶︎ http://bit.ly/WHInsta
Chad’s Instagram ▶︎ http://bit.ly/ChadSarnoIG
Derek’s Instagram ▶︎ http://bit.ly/DerekSarnoIG
WH Facebook ▶︎ http://bit.ly/WickedHealthyFacebook
In the U.K. get your groceries from Tesco ▶︎ http://bit.ly/WickedKitchenTESCOplc
The Wicked Healthy Cookbook ▶︎ http://bit.ly/WHCookbook
Kitchen tools we love and use:
Portable Burner in the video: https://amzn.to/3arx3p7
Shun Classic 8″ Chef’s Knife: https://amzn.to/2vNXK91
Vitamin 5200 Blender: https://amzn.to/2TBxeZL
Cuisinart Food Processor: https://amzn.to/2wHubWY
Lodge Cast Iron Skillets: https://amzn.to/2TvCIVE
Microplane Zester: https://amzn.to/3aErS5C
KitchenAid Stand Mixer: https://amzn.to/2TOOhpP
Bamboo Spatulas: https://amzn.to/2wJtOLd
Boos Reversible Walnut Cutting Board: https://amzn.to/3aCCzW7
Cuisinart Variable Speed Hand Blender: https://amzn.to/32YVuIa
Kota Granite Mortar & Pestle Stone Grinder: https://amzn.to/2TR2C5l
OXO Stainless Steel Scraper & Chopper: https://amzn.to/38yo30j
Carbon Steel Wok: https://amzn.to/2TPHDQe
Bamboo Steamer Baskets: https://amzn.to/2vPN4Xl
Wet Mixture (half will be used for braising liquid)
1 cup marsala wine
¼ cup (60ml) soy sauce or tamari
¼ cup (60ml) maple syrup
2 tbsp sriracha
3½ cups (870ml) low sodium vegetable stock
1 small can of tomato paste, about ¼ cup (4 tbsp)
3+ tbsp olive oil
Whisk all above ingredients well.
In separate bowl mix the dry batch:
2¼ cups (280g) vital wheat gluten flour
¾ cup (95g) chickpea flour
2 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp paprika
1½ tsp cumin
2 tbsp onion granules
2 tbsp garlic granules
1 tbsp salt
BBQ sauce ▶︎ https://wickedhealthyfood.com/2020/04/27/wicked-bbq-sauce-recipe/
Sliced raw white onion
Thick texas toast
1. Prepare baking dish by coating lightly with oil. Set aside. Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
2. Hand mix the wet and dry batches separately. Combine dry mixture with half of wet mixture. Mix until combined completely. Knead for 3 minutes until all is mixed thoroughly and the dough has an elastic texture.
3. Form into a rough oval shape and place in baking dish. Lightly coat the raw seitan with oil.
4. Add rest of braising liquid around the casserole dish, pouring over raw seitan.
5. Place in oven and bake for about 25 minutes.
6. At the 25 minute mark, flip loaf over. Place back in oven for another 20 minutes. If you will be putting this on the grill, be sure to fire-up the grill. Prepare this BBQ sauce (https://wickedhealthyfood.com/2020/04/27/wicked-bbq-sauce-recipe/) while your seitan is cooking.
7. Remove the seitan a few minutes before its done and baste the seitan with some of the remaining liquid in the dish. Place back in oven for another 5-10 minutes. The liquid should be almost evaporated and thickened. Remove from oven and leave to cool for a few minutes.
8. Once the seitan is cooled, it’s time to finish it on the grill. Be sure the grill is blazing hot and on high heat. In a casserole dish, or the same that the seitan was baked in, cover it with BBQ sauce being sure it coats all sides well.
9. Place on the grill and allow to brill for about 8 minutes on each side to create the killer char that will make this finish dish.
10. While this is grilling, gather all the fixin’s to complete your BBQ board, or BBQ sandwich. Fresh sliced pickles, sliced raw white onion, Texas toast, extra BBQ sauce and of course a toll of paper towels.
11. After flipping brisket and getting some great char on both sides, remove from grill. Its time to assemble.
12. Slice the brisket as thin as you can and serve with all the fixin’s!