Inside a Taiwanese VEGETARIAN Restaurant

In this video, I take you inside a typical vegetarian restaurant in Taiwan and show you some of the dishes you can find and eat, as well as how to pay for your food and what to expect in general.

If you enjoyed this video, please SUBSCRIBE and SHARE!

Support me on PATREON:

INSTAGRAM:

FACEBOOK:

Filming equipment:
Nikon D5600
iPhone
Manfrotto tripod
Zhiyun Smooth Q stabiliser
BOYA Wireless microphone

Editing equipment:
iMovie
MacBook Pro

Comments

fraktaalimuoto says:

I just want to tell you that I appreciate your videos! 🙂

It is quite likely that I will work in Taiwan in the near future (in scientific research). Your videos give a lot of valuable practical information that many other Taiwan vlogs on the youtube lack (as most of it is tourist stuff). With your videos I can get a better sense of what I can expect and what I should prepare for.

Answering to your question in the video: I live in Helsinki, Finland and while I am not a vegetarian; my brother is an ardent vegan, and so I have sometimes joined with him at vegetarian places. In Helsinki, reasonable tasty vegetarian options are rather easy to find in many restaurants. However, while there are pure vegetarian restaurants, I have seen only a handful of those. Such places tend to offer vegan food, which is mostly of simple fast food type. The restaurants are small and located in more "bohemian" parts of Helsinki. Personally, I am almost surprised there are that many vegetarian restaurant in Finland, considering the low population (~5 million).

The vegetarian food in Taiwan looks delicious.

Ynne Black says:

Thank you, this was more informative than any other video on the topic I found so far!

Srinivas Chandrakantha says:

Hey man. I like your accent. Your English is easily understood.

Redouane Fahame says:

To get a good understanding of being a vegetarian food, and cooking it will help to learn about the origins of vegetarianism, vegetarianism can be traced back to ancient egyptian society where many religious sects abstained from eating meat or wearing clothing that was made from animal skins do to their beliefs in reincarnation.

Redouane Fahame says:

陳吉豊 says:

把臺灣稱之為「素食天堂」,
真的是不為過啦!

Abhishek Chourasia says:

Since vegetarians don't want non veg inside there restaurant.
Its related to faith so don't be surprise.

In india veg restaurants do the same

Abhishek Chourasia says:

Vegetarian food is great and just ful.

Hossein Golchin says:

Thanks for your effort man and you are not even vegetarian .

Titiksha SHARMA says:

India and Taiwan share similar ideologies on many things. I sincerely hope our trade relations extend and we support each other.

Dharmic Order says:

India has the most bewildering variety of vegan cuisine perfected over 5000 yrs anywhere across the planet. Since dharmic religious traditions predominate India is a paradise fir vegan food. Esp after the pandemic most people should adopt a vegan & dharmic lifestyle in harmony with mother nature

Jeremy Hu says:

Yeah about the no meat policy in some of the vegetarian/vegan restaurants is that based on Buddhist belief going vegan is to pardon the killing of all lives, so to some the scent of meat is actually a temptation, hence the no meat policy. I don't quite understand it either and find it somewhat ironic, but I go with it out of respect.

Anshu Kumar says:

I'm from India and you can find a separate vegitarian menu in 99% of the restaurants

hsun79 says:

Thats crazy man!

Steve - says:

“I’m not vegetarian, I’m South African” haha

jojo 1998 says:

Tofu skins and mushrooms is the food I miss most and I am not even a vegetarian myself (lol) but I do crave to eat those sometimes. And it is hard to find it in US for decent Vegetarian restaurants like this. I think I can eat those and others delish veggie dishes without meat in the rest of my life! Lol. Btw, can you tell me the name of the restaurant and i want to go when I visit my family in Taiwan. Thanks for the video.

zamson says:

Man the food in Taiwan was amazing, thanks for the throwback

Cometa Soulstar says:

Just look at like this, instead of calling it "meat", call it what it actually is, "a murdered dead animal". There's a disconnect between the words your using to describe what your feeding yourself and your family, and the reality of the situation.

Annanas Annanas says:

For me it sounds that restaurant owner is a very good leader. Hè protect us (the world) and the animals. It is very good you had film the restaurant. Bwcause it looks very good and maybe it gives others also the Idea. To start it or to shop in a restaurant like that. I a happy that persons like you and that owner excists.

And also becIse the way you talk you Will interesting a big group (also not vegetarian you give interesting in it)!