Humble, cheap and easy to make, JAM TARTS are a traditional British teatime treat.
These crispy shortbread pastry rounds are filled with any kind of jam and then baked.
2 cups plain flour
⅓ cup caster sugar
⅔ cup butter
Pinch of salt
1 egg, beaten
Strawberry or any fruit jam
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and grease the muffin tray.
2. In a large bowl, add the flour, butter, caster sugar, and salt.
3. Work ingredients by hand until the mix resembles breadcrumbs.
4. Add in about ⅓ of the beaten egg.
5. Continue to bind the ingredients together until a dough forms.
6. Use immediately or cover and store in refrigerator until ready to the use.
7. On a floured surface, roll out the dough ball. Roll to approximately ¼ inch thickness.
8. Using a fluted cookie cutter, cut the pastry rounds.
9. Lay the pastries into the muffin rings, pressing in gently.
10. Brush the pastries with the remaining egg.
11. Drop in one teaspoon of jam into each pastry. Do not overfill as the jam will bubble over during cooking.
12. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the tart pastries are golden brown.
13. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes before serving.
NOTE: These jam tarts will stay fresh for up to 3 days if stored in an airtight container. Can be frozen when cooled.
Thank you for watching!
Don’t forget to LIKE, leave a COMMENT, and SUBSCRIBE! Feel free to SHARE this video.