@MOBKITCHEN PLEASE SPONSOR ME!
Hi guys! As I say at the end of this video, I’d planned to get it up midweek and have another vlog on Sunday but editing takes absolutely ages.
Cooking is such a hobby of mine and I love to do it to relax and to nourish my body. I often wing it when I’m cooking, so this may not be the best video to follow step by step, but I hope it helps nonetheless.
Here are links to the recipes or the recipes in quick form in case you do want to follow along:
Monday: MOB-inspired Butternut Squash soup, with butterbeans and paprika and with no garlic bread
Tuesday: Cavalo Nero Spaghetti
Wednesday: Roast Veg wraps
1. Chop any veg you’ve got into similar size pieces – potatoes, sweet potatoes, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, parsnips, courgette, butternut squash, pumpkin, peppers…
2. Drizzle oil on top and add any herbs and spices you want – I Like paprika, Chile flakes, rosemary, thyme, sage, chipotle chilli flakes, basil, or something like Jerk Seasoning… it really doesn’t matter because the sweetness of the roast veg balances out most spice combinations.
3. Add tinned pulses if desired – beans, chickpeas, lentils
4. Cook hardest veg for longer I.E. potatoes, squash, then add softer veg I.E. broccoli after about 10-15 minutes. Cook at 180° for about 40 minutes overall but make sure it doesn’t burn and that it has plenty of oil.
5. For the sauce: combine 2tbsp tahini, 1-2 harissa (depending on how spicy you like), 4tbsp water, 2tbsp lime or lemon juice, and 1-2 tbsp olive oil. Mix to taste.
6. Combine all together in a wrap, warm or cold.
Thursday: Cauliflower Dhansak from Mob Kitchen’s book
1. Chop onion, garlic, cauliflower. Cook in oil.
2. When cooked add chopped cauliflower. When it starts to brown, add 2tbsp cumin, chilli flakes, 4-6 cardamom pods, and 2-4tbsp garam masala.
3. Mix then add 300g red lentils, two tins of chopped or peeled tomatoes, and two tins of water. Add salt and pepper on top.
4. Cook down for 40 minutes on low heat. Add more water if it starts to stick.
5. Serve with rice and coriander.
Friday: Migrateful Zoom Class.
I don’t have much footage for Friday because I was really concentrating on following along. But here is a link to Migrateful’s website and to an Iranian recipe for this dish.
And here is a link to Migrateful, a wonderful charity who’s online classes would make a great Christmas present.
1. Carter Vail – Milk Carton – https://thmatc.co/?l=0EE02C8D
2. Gil Wanders – R.O.A.S.N (Ramen On A Summer Night) – https://thmatc.co/?l=7B52A6DD
3. KEAGAN – Lemonade – https://thmatc.co/?l=CA2F2EFC
4. Cover of Unfucktheworld by Angel Olsen, by Andie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HpL-Q-_OWo&ab_channel=DEE
5. Fiji Blue – Waves – https://thmatc.co/?l=4DE1857D
6. Flora la Lune by Will la Lune