An easy and crazy good Phillysteak made from BlackBird steak strips and Daiya mozzarella! You’d never know this is plant-based/ vegan!
Ingredients for Peppers and Onions:
1 Cup Each:
-Sliced white onion
– Sliced Red + Green Bell Peppers
-1Tbsp light brown sugar
– 3 minced garlic cloves
– 2 Tbsp Non-Dairy Butter (like Earth Balance)
– Pinch of sea salt + pepper
For Steak & Cheese
– 1 Pack of Blackbird Rosemary Garlic Strips (blackbirdfoods.com)
– A few splashes of vegan Worcestershire sauce
– A few splashes of soy sauce/tamari
– 2 cups Daiya mozzarella
– 1 cup chopped mushrooms (I used portabella)
2 Hoagie Rolls
1. Melt butter in pan over medium heat; add onions and peppers. Let cook until softened, about 5 minutes
2. Add minced sugar and minced garlic, cook for 1 minute more
3. Add salt and pepper to taste, and set aside
4. Remove steak from package and put in medium bowl with chopped mushrooms. Pour Worcestershire sauce + soy sauce over steak and mushrooms and let marinate for at least 20 minutes in fridge.
5. Remove from fridge, and add steak and mushrooms to non-stick pan (or lightly oiled pan) on medium heat.
6. Cook until steak is well heated-through, then add Daiya mozzarella. Use tongs or cooking spoon to stir cheese well, until it melts.
7. Once cheese is completely melted, spoon into hoagie roll. Top with cooked onions and peppers.
*Toasting the bread and adding a layer of egg-free mayo is really good
#plantbased #Phillysteak #mozzarella #easyrecipes