Vegan Cajun Risotto Bites. The perfect snack for the zombie apocalypse…or any other occasion.
Full recipe in our cookbook
Download our E-Book http://full.sc/1aixyfO
Hard copy Cook & Survive http://full.sc/1aw0wfx
T shirts http://bit.ly/1ploouo
Subscribe to The Vegan Zombie
The Vegan Zombie
Cajun Risotto Bites
Serves 3 or 4 / time 45 min
4 to 4 ½ cups veggie broth
1 Tbs olive oil
1 cup aborio rice
2 Tbs lemon juice
1. Bring veggie broth to a boil and then remove from heat.
2. Heat oil in wide saucepan on medium high heat. Add rice and stir for 1 min. Add a cup of veggie broth and continue to stir until liquid starts to disappear. Continue to add the rest of the liquid while stirring. Add 2 Tbs Cajun spice and stir into rice. Add lemon juice.
3. Set aside and let it cool down.
3 tsp paprika
2 tsp salt
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp cayenne
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp thyme
1. In small mixing bowl, add paprika, sea salt, garlic powder, black pepper, onion powder, cayenne, oregano and thyme. Whisk together and use for rice seasoning and breading.
2. Roll rice in to bite size balls.
1 cup vegan bread crumbs
1 tsp cajun seasoning
1/2 tsp freshly chopped parsley
1 cup soy or almond milk
3/4 cup flour or cornstarch
Canola oil for frying
1. In mixing bowl, add breadcrumbs, Cajun seasoning and parsley. Whisk them together.
2. Add soy milk to separate bowl.
3. Add flour to separate bowl.
4. Heat oil in fryer or medium sauce pan to 350 degrees.
5. Dip rice ball in soymilk, then into the flour, then back into the soymilk and then into the breadcrumbs. Repeat.
6. Fry risotto bites in oil until they turn brown.