To get notified about new video uploads, subscribe to Well+Good’s channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Wellandgood
Today, we’re tackling our first no-bake dessert with a vegan & gluten-free cheesecake recipe! This recipe is super easy, packed with nutrition, & super delicious! Watch to learn how to make the recipe, along with all of the nutritional benefits jam-packed inside this delicious treat. 🍰 #vegancheesecake #altbakingbootcamp #wellandgood
VEGAN & GLUTEN-FREE CHEESECAKE RECIPE
1 cup pitted soft dates
2 cups raw walnuts
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp cardamom
Pinch of sea salt
4 cups cashews (soaked for at least 5 hours, or overnight)
2/3 cups coconut oil, melted
½ cup maple syrup
¼ cup coconut cream
2 tsp vanilla extract
½ vanilla bean, scraped (optional)
1. Start with the crust. Pulse all ingredients in a food processor until it the pieces of date and walnut are about the same size (almost like large grains of sand). At first it will appear crumbly, but eventually will turn into a paste. If your dates are hard, soak in warm water for a few minutes before adding to the food processor.
2. Press the pie dough into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Work the dough until you’ve created an even layer across the bottom of the pan.
3. Place into the refrigerator or freezer while making the filling.
4. Wash out your food processor and get started on the filling.
5. Add all filling ingredients to your food processor and blend until completely smooth. This will take about 3-5 minutes, so be patient! Note that the vanilla bean is optional – we love the specks and the natural vanilla taste it lends to this dish, but vanilla beans are expensive and can be hard to come by, so feel free to skip this ingredient if it’s not available to you.
6. When the filling is smooth, take your springform pan out of the fridge and fill. Using a spatula, smooth the top as much as you can.
7. Cover with aluminum foil, and place in the freezer overnight to set. Then transfer to the fridge and enjoy!
Check out more from Jenny here: https://www.jennydorsey.co/
And you can find Mia here: https://www.therasalife.com/
Subscribe to Well+Good’s channel for more tasty videos: https://www.youtube.com/c/Wellandgood
Check out more episodes of Alt-Baking Bootcamp here:
Birthday Cake: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYSyVKWwpTU
Strawberry Shortcake: https://youtu.be/ntAmnaSZDkA
From the beginning, Well+Good launched as the premier lifestyle and news publication devoted to the wellness scene—and its chic lifestyle components. Created by two journalists—and joined by many more—Well+Good is known for its impeccable reporting and trend-spotting on the healthy living beat. Well+Good has become the leading source of intel on boutique fitness and the juice industry, plus cutting-edge nutrition, natural beauty, and more. Well+Good is your healthiest relationship.
You can find Well+Good here:
Site 🖥️: https://www.wellandgood.com
Instagram 📸: https://www.instagram.com/iamwellandg…
Facebook 👍: https://www.facebook.com/iamwellandgood
Twitter 🐤: https://twitter.com/iamwellandgood
Pinterest 📌: https://www.pinterest.com/iamwellandgood/