I put together ten funny commercials from Europe that I found on Youtube and that I liked. It is my selection just for fun and I hope you enjoy it too. Tell me in the comments which one is your #1, I will include your vote in the ranking at the end of this text to see which commercial people like the most.
These ads are included:
1. Germany: True fruits with “Safer Snaxxx” from 2018 (The best way to eat bananas is to drink them, the song is “Just imagine” by Brandon Combs)
2. Sweden: Ikea with “Wondering Dog” from 2006 (Make room for ideas)
3. Schweiz: Hiltl with “Sound Designer” from 2009 (Hiltl Restaurant is the oldest continuously open vegetarian restaurant in the world and responsible for the catering at the Open-air Cinema am See in Zurich), the movie shown is “Deathproof” with Kurt Rusell by Quentin Tarantino, the song played at the end is “Laisse tomber les filles” by Serge Gainsbourg, performed by France Gall in 1964, it was used in the movie under the titlec “Chick Habbit”
4. Great Britain: Smart with “The Smart Forfour” from 2015 (So smart you forget it’s a four seater)
5. France: Canal+ with “The Closet” from 2009
6. Italy: Fiorucci with “Ahio”, also called “Wood or Metal” by Leo Burnett Milan from 2002, it won the Epica Awards in France the same year
7. Switzerland: HUG with “Guezli aus der guten alten Zeit” (Candies from good old times) from 2010, by the way, the dancing guys are the CEOs of the company, Andreas and Werner Hug
8. Czech Republic: Heinz Ketchup with “Unforgetable moments” from 2016, reprising a scene from the Swedish movie “Hip Hip Hora” or “Ketchup Effect” from 2004 – this video was actually a concept for advertising by [REC]PIC, a film production company in Czech Republic. It was downloaded from their Vimeo account and put on Youtube. I didn’t know that and it took me some time to find out. I apologize for the mistake but can only say THANK YOU to [REC]PIC for the great work they did for so many viewers!
9. Germany: OBI with “Sucked in Dog” (The DIY supplier, Expect more, Genial)
10. Germany: “Bullseye”, also called “Shooting range” for Doppelherz “Augen Vital” from 2014 (music is Dirge by Death in Vegas), agency Jung von Matt/Fleet Hamburg
11. United Kingdom: Vodafone with “I’m gay” from 2005 (Stop the Clock, Talk for 60 minutes, pay for 3)
11.5 United Kingdom: Vodafone with “Twins” from 2005
11.75 United Kingdom: Vodafone with “Wedding” from 2005
11.99 United Kingdom: Vodafone with “Pregnant” from 2005
The votes are in and the current winner is: Czech Republic, Heinz Ketchup with “Unforgetable moments”.
Results in detail, status December, 2020 (votes and positive mentions counted):
1. Czech Republic, Heinz Ketchup: 202 votes/mentions
2. United Kingdom, Vodafone: 88 votes/mentions
3. Germany, True fruits with Banana: 56 votes/mentions
4. France, Canal+ Closet: 42 votes/mentions
5. Great Britain, Smart Forfour: 21 votes/mentions
6. Germany, Doppelherz: 30 votes/mentions
7. Italy, Fiorucci Wood or Metal: 20 votes/mentions
8. Switzerland, HUG Guezli: 22 votes/mentions
9. Schweiz, Hiltl Sound Designer: 12 votes/mentions
10. Sweden, Ikea Dog: 8 votes/mentions
11. Germany OBI Dog: 5 vote/mention
Thanks to everybody who watched the video, voted and commented on it, liked it and subscribed to my channel – I appreciate that very much!