The ultimate scotch egg recipe from Tom Kerridge!
This scotch egg recipe will have you cooking up a storm. Check out the method below to learn how to cook this delicious dish. Let me know how you get on in the comments!
Enjoy this video? Make sure you leave a thumbs up and smash the subscribe button to see more.
4 x medium free-range eggs, soft boiled
300g sausage meat
100g black pudding
½ tsp fennel seeds
1 bunch of sage chopped
2 eggs beaten
30g plain flour to dust
Sage and onion stuffing mix
For chopped rosemary mayo:
1 tbsp English mustard
1 tsp chopped rosemary
1 tsp cracked black pepper
– Firstly, peel the soft-boiled eggs carefully, then pop onto a tray to air dry.
– Now peel the skins from the sausage and add to a mixing bowl.
– Then crumble in the black pudding, sage and fennel seeds, season with a pinch of salt and cracked black pepper, then with your hands mix till everything is well distributed.
– Next dived the mix into 4 balls, then take one of the stuffing balls and press it onto the palm of your hand and flatten out evenly, now carefully press the dried boil egg into the middle, now draw the sausage meat around the egg to enclose the egg, then repeat for the others.
– Once all have been wrapped pop them in the fridge to firm up for 20 minutes or so.
– To make the rosemary mayonnaise and all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl and then keep to one side ready for serving.
– Next up remove the scotch eggs from the fridge and then coat in the flour, then dip into the beaten eggs, then cover in the breadcrumbs and repeat for all four of them.
– To cook them pre heat a fryer to 180 degrees celsius, then lower the four scotch eggs into the basket and low into the hot oil and fry for 4 minutes, once coloured pop into an oven for 3 minutes to make sure the sausage meat is cooked but the egg is still gorgeous and runny.
– Once cooked remove from the fryer and drain on some kitchen towel and season with flaky salt, then serve with the punchy mayo.
Goes great with
Homemade Baked Beans: https://youtu.be/lFNKBw-6nTY
Tomato soup: https://youtu.be/k7T_3UQ2m10
Did you give it a go? Share your attempt by using #CookwithKerridge
Find me on social media:
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cheftomkerridge/
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/ChefTomKerridge
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cheftomkerridge
Thanks for watching!
#TomKerridge #ScotchEggRecipe #ScotchEgg