Vegetarian Family Dinner Ideas

I recorded a week’s worth of our family dinners. These are all vegetarian meals. Our family is transitioning to a mostly pescatarian diet.

Dinners:
Spaghetti with mushroom and spinach sauce with salad

Aloo Gobi: https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a25238365/aloo-gobi-indian-cauliflower-recipe/

Spinach lasagna: Preheat Oven to 350 F
Mix 32ox ricotta (or cottage) cheese, 1 egg, 1 thawed and drained package of frozen chopped spinach, 2 C mozzarella, 1 C parmesan, salt, and pepper together in a bowl.
layer sauce (total about 32 oz), lasagna noodles, and cheese mixture.
Pour 1 C water around edges.
Cover with foil. Bake 1 hr 20 min. top with additional cheese if desired.
Allow to set about 15 minutes before serving

Pizza with an assortment of toppings (crust from Sam’s Club): https://www.samsclub.com/p/molinaros-thin-crust-pizza-kit-5pk/prod24380242?xid=plp_product_1

Ziyad Falafel mix purchased at Jungle Jim’s International Market for about $5 (I can’t remember exactly, since I don’t go there often)

Lo Mein:
about 1/2 lb cooked spaghetti noodles
assorted veggies
sauce- mix the following ingredients:
4 T soy sauce
2 T rice vinegar
4 T brown sugar
2 tsp ginger
2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp sriracha
2 tsp cornstarch
2 tsp oil

Comments

RokSimmer (gal4God) says:

We don’t eat meat but eat fish in our home. My kind of meal prep is but easy to use products wen we can. The Indian dish looks awesome!!! I don’t make nann, I buy it. I always make rice wiv a curry or chilli. We love mixed veggies pizza. I buy falafel to heat up. We use a lot of veggies and beans. I got dared to try beans and lentils as a teenager. I’ve not forced it on my kids but I’ve never cooked meat but my bloke will.

Diana Chen says:

Great ideas! We are vegan so a lot of what we cook from is fork over knives.

Anila Khan says:

Yes you pronounced Aloo Gobi right. ❤️

Dominique573 N says:

These sound like great ideas just be careful a lot of people that are transitioning to a vegetarian diet eat a lot of pasta dishes but there are so many other dishes without pasta that are delicious. Ive seen a few families try to go vegetarian and the entire family gained a ton of weight bc they always ate pasta. I will also give you my favorite vegetarian recipes!

iiOlivesii says:

Ty for the amazing idea

Goodtimes says:

Hi Anna! Thank you for sharing these recipes. I do try to do vegetarian meals with my family. One is called Poor Man's Steak, which is basically cabbage sliced in a circle topped with salt and some pepper and cheese. Also, another one is sweet potato burritos and cauliflower mac and cheese. I got these recipes from a YouTube channel called Off the grid with Doug and Stacey. This is their YouTube channel, if you're interested
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChit3QKk051fCsqliwVrbuQ. It's been over a year since I've watched their channel but I did enjoy some of the recipes she shared. Take care, Kim.