The Vegetarian Dilemma

Approximately four per cent of Canadians are vegetarians. An even smaller number are vegan. A growing number of people observe “meatless Mondays,” or eat meat only once or twice a week. The Agenda looks at why people are turning to plant-based diets.

Comments

Bill McEwan says:

Meet your Meat visit a local farm pick out the animal you want for your then kill it yourself to feel part of of the process.

theicyridge says:

TVO videos almost always get some dislikes because they bring on different views, but man is it legitimate conversation and coverage. I'm so grateful I grew up with it so I would follow as an adult. Corporate media outlets seem to devolve year after year. Steve Paikin makes MSNBC look like amateur hour.

Some Guy says:

Interesting discussion between many variations on the spectrum of plant based eating. Nice to see intelligent people with open minds discussing an interesting subject. I eat a plant based diet, but some of the food I eat contains honey. Many would say that makes me something other than vegan. Honey is an animal product, but I can live with that. Perfectionism can be an obstacle to progress.

Frank Ellis says:

I have high regard for everyone who chooses vegetarianism or veganism as a moral choice. But if you look at some of the speakers, they do not look healthy. I'm not trying to be mean, but how do you get to talk about food on the TV when you're obese or overweight?

Friends of Almighty JESUS says:

Almighty JESUS wants use to eat whole plants. Info at JESUS111.com

Suzie Greer says:

IN SPACE VENTURE PLACES LIKE NASA THEY HAVE SEED BANKS THEY PUT THESE

SEED BANKS ALL OVER THE PLANET IN HIDDEN PLACES THESE ARE SEEDS THAT WE

MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE ACCESS TO IN THE FUTURE BECAUSE THEY TAKE THESE TO

SPACE STATIONS ON THE MOON WE ARE NOW BEING TOLD THAT OUR ARABLE LAND
PRESENT ON OUR PLANET IS QUICKLY DISAPPEARING, IS THIS ALL TRUE??? IF IT IS
IT'S A VERY WORRYING TREND AND LET ME ADD TOTALLY ILLEGAL

Steven Wilson says:

Hey Steve Paikin, you’re too smart for most Americans. Yes, I’m American.

Craig Harrison666 says:

Biology denial through veganism is dangerous to your health, also animals die, excessive water is used, fossil fuels emitting polution and land cleared, in the production of vegan foods, every thing they accuse omnivores of they are guilty of, nothing more than supremicist identitarian hypocritical narcicists

Some Guy says:

The health advantages of a plant based diet was not discussed in detail. Here is a web site and YouTube channel that does. Short videos and all backed by science: http://www.nutritionfacts.org.

Some Guy says:

For those who decide to try a plant based diet, here is a short video with a link to a web site in the description. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdJnRYcpzd8
The site offers expert advice about how best to do so. For vegan and vegetarian restaurant options for any specific location go to http://www.happycow.net.

Nic Porter says:

Vegetarian for 6 months doesn’t count get out of here…

IAmSuperPerfect says:

The Vega-Shills!! HAHAHAHA……………..
Less meat… Less Health. Great!!
also, anytime someone mentions the PLANET… I KNOW they are STUPID Mutha Fuckers!! It's a FLAT Earth Plain!!
She wouldn't eat her domestic cat or dog so why would she eat a cow?? FUCKIN' MORON!!
These IDIOTS don't realize that you so-called Vegans are KILLING animals anyway!! Do the research people…
They won't tell you this in these kinds of SHILL videos. Did you know there are several plants that eat meat?? YEP!!
Search it here on YT. Good luck in your research to the REAL Truth.

IAmSuperPerfect says:

Humans were meant to eat PLANTS!! This should have been named The SHILL Agenda!! For all the IDIOTS that only eat plants… You stupid fuckers…

Leo Vicious says:

I think of a face, tears fall down its eyes, stepping on those that died before you sit there with your shit eating grin fuck you you can change your sin attitude of being better look at my muscles fuckyou as you kill fuck you you as you take the future on children your hate breaks my heart death is your excuse as the methane rises you blam fossil oil its you when you eat that burger yits you when you die of cancer it you that makes the fish taste like shit auuhhhhhg krishna why!

Leo Vicious says:

its the only way for a future fuck people give up meast keep your dirty oil, tattoos fuck that phony bullshit

Leo Vicious says:

I want to move to a vegan country wsere is it.. can i be a refugee…Canada is bad for my mental health…well north america

Leo Vicious says:

get mic the vegan on your show stop talking to hacks

Leo Vicious says:

I practice the keto diet when i go to the food bnk.

Leo Vicious says:

brain wash takes a long time to cure. what research fuckign troll

Leo Vicious says:

she sounds like me and my cat..but once my cat is gone no more pleasuer slaves ILL GO TO THE PARK AND FEED WOODCHUCKS….angry meat eating incel im going to the park to killwoodchuckjs