A Plant-based Diet Changed My Life | Pat McAuley | TEDxBabsonCollege

NOTE FROM TED: While some viewers may find the nutrition advice provided in this talk to be helpful, please do not look to this talk for medical advice. We’ve flagged this talk, which was filmed at a TEDx event, because it appears to fall outside TEDx’s content guidelines. This talk contains strong assertions about a specific diet that lack sufficient scientific evidence for general prescription. TEDx events are independently organized by volunteers. The guidelines we give TEDx organizers are described in more detail here: http://storage.ted.com/tedx/manuals/tedx_content_guidelines.pdf

Pat McAuley describes the impact that food has on his life and why he is an advocate of the health and environmental benefits of plant-based living. Pat McAuley is a Boston-based serial entrepreneur, author, speaker, and startup consultant for ethical/plant-based companies. He has started and successfully run companies in the tech space and food and beverage industries and has extensive experience building brands from scratch. After a plant-based diet changed his life, Pat shifted his focus to building and supporting businesses in the plant-based space. He is now an outspoken advocate of the health and environmental benefits of plant-based living. Pat is the host of the popular Eat Green Make Green Podcast and is currently working on opening one of the nation’s first fully plant-based beer halls, Rewild. This talk was given at a TEDx event using the TED conference format but independently organized by a local community. Learn more at https://www.ted.com/tedx

Comments

Daniel Monson says:

every reason to go vegan, no reason not to. 80% of amazon rainforest destruction (268,000 miles square) is driven by …..meat industry. been vegan 6 months..changing my life day by day.

A Sprocket says:

This guy looks and sounds how i expected lol

D W says:

I did well on a plant based diet but got off of it and gained alot of weight. I am going back today

Tati Athan says:

Voz dele não é mascula e aparencia debil. Resultado da dieta vegana

AzoZeo 4555 says:

Plant Base is a commandment and I don’t mean biblical, I mean wisdom and natural law! If we break natural law we suffer! I’m healing of GERD this horrible disease! Pay attention and honor your body, spirit and mind! 🥊🔥🤘♥️

Short Stone says:

I’m very proud to express my happiness through this platform and to say am very thankful to Dr. Osaoji on YouTube for restoring my life back to normal and test negative for HSV after treatment.

Sandra Robbins says:

Going vegan is the least we can do for the world <3

Abhinav Kumar says:

I am a vegetarian for the past 8 years. Honestly speaking now I am more energetic, silent mind, increased confidence, the body became more athletic even in my late 20s, start caring for even small animals and small insects. I no longer get angry and understand the person's emotions easily. Everyone asks me why I look so young when I tell them I am in my late 20s. I always told them a vegetarian diet and regular exercise help me a lot. I know it is difficult to control the urge to eat meat. It took me almost 6 months to finally leave the meat and fish. I don't eat eggs also. During my journey of transformation, I spent time with friends who also became vegetarian which motivates me a lot 8 years ago. Thanks to them also. It will be painful in the begging but after few months you will feel so pure and happy from the inside. Please go for vegetarian from today only. You might fail few times but in few months you will have full control over your senses. The most important thing is why I am choosing a vegetarian diet which will motivate you always during this journey. It can be like you don't want the animals to get killed just for the taste. Others like getting a fit body and maintain it throughout my life. One more like I am bad in controlling emotions like anger and get afraid of things, less confidence. Currently, I am in Bloomington, Indiana, the United States for the past 1 year still I can easily follow my vegetarian diet here also. Please please please go for the vegetarian diet. It will be one of the best decisions in your life. Stay healthy and spread love. 🤗

Christopher nwoko says:

Am advising y’all to try out dr udoka herbal pills on YouTube to get rid of hepatitis B with no side affects

Briana T-S says:

I'm transitioning now into a whole food plant based diet and it is not easy. With the cultural food that I was raised on from different islands and tribes, yes there are vegan options, but my family always added the animal products in. So this isn't easy right now, but my body is screaming and I need to make a change. If anyone has tips, please let me know. This is my day one and with God on my side, I know that it can be done. Tips are super helpful though and I'd like them!

Frank Herder says:

This is truly scary

Varun Chauhan says:

I also went vegan and my experience of being vegan is owsom..my stomach bloated with animal product and many health issue started stomach problms..then i hv decided to become vegan and my life changed i hv started loosing weight feel good whole day..no bloating at all..now i am vegan and i ll be vegan till death..

Caroline pandian says:

With gratitude in my heart I wanna say a very big thank you to Dr Igudia on YouTube for helping me eradicate my Type two diabetes with his herbs medication.

The Waymaker says:

Whats a plant based diet? Is he talking about flowers and plants from the park and woods? If so which ones are good ones?

Benjamin Byer says:

It’s still seems unbelievable am now totally free from cold sore through the herbals meds I purchased from dr.akpamu.

Jez Moreno says:

Herbs supplements I ordered from Dr Ogudugu on YouTube channel cured me totally. I’m Herpes negative 👎。.

Fly & Shy says:

If you have any autoimmune condition – it won't help you. I'm plant based for 6 years. I think it gives a false hope to people that are deteriorating by the day as I do.

Jonie Robertson says:

Began plant based diet a week ago—proud of my decision, which was an informed decision. Looking forward to the physiological changes.

Anton Zhloba says:

Actually, number one thing promoting cancer are simple sugars. So the low carb diet is the way to go

Barbara Jean Lemon67 says:

When it comes to Diabetes cure I can only recommend Dr Igudia on YouTube because I have used his herbs medication and it works