EASIEST WAY TO USE FARM PLOTS | Reap What you Sow Don't Starve Together Guide

Welcome to another Don’t Starve Together guide. Today we are looking at the new farm plots of the Reap What you Sow update, and the simplest way we can use them to grow crops. This new system of farming is considerably more complex than the previous basic and improved farms, and while understanding the ins and outs of this system can lead to substantial crop harvests, in this guide I want to illustrate how little this knowledge is necessary for getting started with farm plots, and how a few very simple tips can help you produce crops in Don’t Starve Together consistently and with very little effort.

Thanks to these authors of the Don’t Starve Together community for sharing your research with the community:
Electroley – https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/124327-my-opinion-observations-on-the-new-farming-mechanics/
Lakhnish Monster (List of Giant Crop Pairings) – https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/124049-a-list-of-all-giant-crop-auto-nutrient-pairings/
Zeklo – https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/123862-farming-101-grow-like-never-before/
QuartzBeam – https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/123986-the-starvers-guide-to-self-feeding-farms/

Watch Jazzy live at http://jazzysgames.tv
Join Jazzy’s Games on Discord: https://discord.gg/RkA4AKv
Play Don’t Starve Together on our dedicated server: “Jazzy Endless”

Like and subscribe for more videos!

Music Credits:
“Road Trip” – Slynk
“Down Time in my Soul” – RAGE
“Escape” – Eveningland

Send me fan mail!
Jazzy’s Games
P.O. Box 6624
Astoria, NY 11106
USA

Throughout 2019 and 2020, Klei has released a series of game updates available to all players, under the single thematic focus entitled “Return of Them.”

“Reap What You Sow” is the seventh major release of updates under the Return of Them in Don’t Starve Together and replaces traditional farms with a completely revamped farming system, which includes tillable farm plots, unique farming equipment, crop displays, and numerous fertilizers. The system is considerably more complex but provides a system for year-round farming and the potential for highly-accelerated crop production.

The debris from the moon didn’t just reach the forest. It’s influence has penetrated down into the caves as well, not only mutating its already strange occupants, but opening areas that had been long forgotten. Forgotten Knowledge is the sixth major release of updates under the Return of Them theme and adds two new cave biomes: the Lunar Grotto and the Ancient Archives. It also adds several new mobs, three new crockpot recipes, and two crafting stations including another moon altar and a station for crafting natural turf.

Troubled Waters, the fifth Don’t Starve Return of Them update, added new ocean mobs, foods, craftables, structures, and eight new crockpot recipes. It also added leafy meat as a crockpot ingredient and renewable volt goat herds.

She Sells Seashells went live in April 2020. New features include messages in bottles, the moon fragment island, the Crabby Hermit, Crab King, new seasonal fish, the Wobster and Wobster Den the Winch Boat structure, sunken treasures, and singing shells.

“Hook, Line, & Inker” will be remembered as the big fishing update. We finally have the tools we need to go sailing and fish around literally anywhere in the ocean. This update added over a dozen new ocean mobs, three new crockpot recipes, and tons of new craftable items and structures. Most of these new additions are tailored toward the goal of dramatically expanding the fishing experience in DST.

Charlie’s machinations have come to a head as she turns her attention towards the skies – and the mysterious entity that awaits there. Our Survivors will be forced to contend with terrifying monstrosities beyond their comprehension, and yet, there may be a silver lining: their minds and horizons will be expanded under the sublime light of an ancient moon.

Here is an overview of what was added in the first update, “Turn of Tides:”

Added a new multiplayer-centric boat mechanic, where players can build and deck out a boat for multiple survivors to travel together on
Added a new Seafaring crafting menu
Added the Lunar Island
Added Enlightenment
Added 3 new Lunar Island biomes, along with new creatures, objects, and craftables

Turn of Tides focused primarily on building the fundamental tech and infrastructure for Return of Them. Since then a significant amount of content has added to both the islands and the sea.

Don’t Starve Together is the standalone multiplayer expansion of the uncompromising wilderness survival game, Don’t Starve. Now including Reign of Giants; adding new characters, seasons, creatures, biomes, and Giant new challenges to Don’t Starve Together. Cooperate with your friends in a private game, or take your chances with strangers online. Work with other players to survive the harsh environment, or strike out on your own. Do whatever it takes, but most importantly, Don’t Starve.

Comments

The Spider says:

Bruh moment: as I watch this I realize I’ve been digging up corn seeds this entire time thinking they were forget me lots 😀🔫👈

KingArthur973 says:

Very well made – many guides related to this update overcrowd the viewer with stats they made not need, whereas your guide presents the requirements to successfully farm while still giving an introduction to the more complex nature of the whole system. Thanks!

Ahsidodna says:

how do i play the instrument?

austin wilcox says:

Coming out of the ruins as Wolfgang almost dead to your base and seeing that ur wormwood has made a row of giant dragon fruits is lit

Peelial says:

There's these things called "Binding Roots" that appear whenever i pick a plant and deal 10 damage to me, how do i get rid of it?

Dazia says:

I guess we can't rotate plots, so it's a diamond shape in the default world direction… unless I am missing something?

Pls halp lmao ty ;_;

Andrew P says:

i fucking love you

eenayeah says:

Super duper helpful video! I just started playing DST after a very long hiatus and after watching these guides, didn't really wanna waste time trying to get giant crops. Thank you so much!

Fachmi Nur says:

I dont have any interest in gardening, everytime I play, I go berserk and rush dragonfly while my friend spend most of his time gardening XD

Kadek Kenneth L Hogue says:

Crop combos is the second best for players who are too lazy to learn stuff but still want giant crops. If you have a crop combo, you don't need nutrients at all. You still have to water and tend at each stage, but you can either have a friendly fruit fly or a one man band and you have tended the crops, and just water once or twice each stage. Basically this is the formula:
1. Crop combo.
2. Get a friendly fruit fly to automate, or just play a pan flute or one man band which will automatically tend to all the plants in the area, but to this every stage.
3. Water once or twice each stage.
4. Boom! You got an easy giant crop.

Courier Z says:

Is there a good alternative to do instead of placing during proper season? Like would watering it once or something be good for replacing that?

Omid R.G says:

This is unbelievably effective as Wormwood. You can basically feed an entire server without making a single farm plot or farm related item.

Jazzy's Games says:

Ooh just hit 100k views. Awesome! Hope you all found the guide useful!

The Unapologetic Gamer says:

Could you go over the other stress systems

Piter Grand says:

Meh, you can don't use fertilizers and still get giant crops, this thing named like *No Nutrient Combos*. All you need is : Correct season, always watering the plants, always talk to them, Family bonus and just pick such plants as Dragon fruit and garlic, Dragon fruits will feed garlic with compost, while garlic will feed dragon fruits with manure, it's very easy and a better choice to grow crops, you might get 3 or 2 normal crops, but the other ones will be giants.

Willow Billow says:

New crops have been really helpful to me! I’m pretty bad at the game all things considered, but now I can be useful to my friends, or just keep myself alive without the constant struggle of getting enough food.

Barun Parruck says:

Hey Jazzy – what's the minimal way to get an extra seed even when planting in the off season, if I'm using Wickerbottom's book?

killerzombie says:

I needed this help

Jonah Innuksuk says:

This takes a HUGE weight off my chest! I have a 4800+ days world with the original farming system sill intact when I realized feeding the dragon fruit to the bird yielded just one seed. I was about to go insane researching the new farming system to see how I can farm dragon fruits so that I can maintain dragon pies to do boss fights.

Patronux says:

PERFECT! I LOVE YOU! Make more vids!